Thursday, 31 December 2009

Repayment of overseas VAT to UK-registered traders

An online VAT refund system will be used for all claims submitted from 1 January 2010. This will replace the current paper-based process. UK businesses will submit claims for VAT incurred in other EU member states through the HMRC website, rather than direct to the member state of refund as at present. It is already possible to register and enrol to use the new service but refund claims will have to wait until 1 January.

No comments:

Post a Comment